Health & Safety Documentation
Documents pertaining to Health & Safety within the Wilts & Berks Canal Trust can be found below. Health & Safety is a top priority for us; as well as the business as usual Health and Safety, we will continue to keep our COVID-19 regulations up-to-date as government guidance progresses. We want everyone in our community to have confidence in our trust, so please do contact us if you have any concerns or queries.
- WBCT Health & Safety Policy
- WBCT Safety Reporting Card
- WBCT Temporary Works Procedures
- WBCT COVID-19 work party update
New National Lockdown from 4th January 2021
Average infection rates have risen again to such an extent that on 4th January, a national lockdown was re-introduced in England. However, unlike the lockdown in March 2020, the Government website on 5th January stated
"You can volunteer outside your home if:
- you cannot volunteer from home;
- you follow the social distancing guidelines;
- you’ve not been told to self-isolate by NHS test and trace;
- you’re not self-isolating for any other reason."
"If you’re ‘clinically vulnerable’ (moderate risk from coronavirus), you can still volunteer outside your home."
“If you’re volunteering in a workplace, it should meet coronavirus safety standards.”
In other words, work-parties can continue within the guidelines listed above, but as in November, it is up to each branch whether any will take place.
The Government guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/volunteering/coronavirus-volunteering
Steve Bacon, Health & Safety Officer.