Health & Safety Documentation
Documents pertaining to Health & Safety within the Wilts & Berks Canal Trust can be found below. Health & Safety is a top priority for us; as well as the business as usual Health and Safety, we will continue to keep our COVID-19 regulations up-to-date as government guidance progresses. We want everyone in our community to have confidence in our trust, so please do contact us if you have any concerns or queries.
- WBCT Health & Safety Policy
- WBCT Safety Reporting Card
- WBCT Temporary Works Procedures
- WBCT COVID-19 work party update
Government update, November 2021:
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You should stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.
- Let fresh air in if you meet indoors. Meeting outdoors is safer.
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- Get tested and self-isolate if required.
- If you haven’t already, get vaccinated.
The most recent Government guidance can be found at https://www.gov.uk/volunteering/coronavirus-volunteering .
In effect, work-parties could continue within the guidelines listed above, but as in November 2020, it was up to each branch whether any would take place.
Even though outdoor exercise is now encouraged and many of our volunteers have already received one or both vaccinations, work-parties should continue to follow the social distancing guidelines for the foreseeable future.
Steve Bacon, Health & Safety Officer.